The student will solve single-step and multistep practical problems, using proportional reasoning.
Essential Knowledge and Skills (Full Curriculum Framework for this SOL)
- Write proportions that represent equivalent relationships between two sets.
- Solve a proportion to find a missing term.
- Apply proportions to convert units of measurement between the U.S. Customary System and the metric system. Calculators may be used.
- Apply proportions to solve practical problems, including scale drawings. Scale factors shall have denominators no greater than 12 and decimals no less than tenths. Calculators may be used.
- Using 10% as a benchmark, mentally compute 5%, 10%, 15%, or 20% in a practical situation such as tips, tax and discounts.
- Solve problems involving tips, tax, and discounts. Limit problems to only one percent computation per problem.
| PH Course 2:
|| 5-1, 5-4, 5-4, 5-6, 5-7, 6-1, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4, 6-5, 6-6, 6-7, 6-8, 6-9