Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-18 school year will be held from April 3 through April 7, 2017. Parents are encouraged to complete the online registration forms before visiting their child's school between April 3 - 7 to show verification documents (see more info below).
Children who will turn 5 on or before September 30, 2017 may register for kindergarten. MCPS has 11 different elementary schools. The student's address determines the school they will attend. Parents who are unsure of their attendance zone may use online iGIS to find their attendance zone or call 540-382-5151.
New for 2017 - Online Registration
MCPS has 10 forms that must be completed for enrollment. All forms are available for online submission via InfoSnap.
- Student Registration Form
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- Affirmation Relating to Expulsion
- Directory Information Consent Form
- Student E-mail Consent Form
- Health Information Form
- Medication Permission Form
- Pre-K Experience Survey
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Physical Exam and Immunization Certification (may be provided after registration, but must be provided before the first day of school)
Parents who wish to use printed forms, instead of electronic submission, may access the forms online.
The following documents must be provided to the school (shown to school staff, the school will not keep the documents):
- Child's Birth Certificate (Original)
- Two Proofs of Address (utility bill, deed/lease, tax return, voter registration card)
- Photo ID for parent registering student
Questions about enrollment should be directed to the child's school. For additional questions, call 540-382-5100 x1041.