Back to School
‣ When is Open House or Orientation?
All MCPS schools will host open house on August 14, 2023 from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm. Please check with your school to see if open house will begin earlier than 4:00 pm.
‣ What are the operating hours for my child's school?
‣ What school will my child attend? Where is our bus stop?
Information about school attendance zones, bus stops, and pick up/drop off times are available through our transportation department. View the transportation webpage.
‣ Where and how do I register my child for school?
Visit our Returning Student Registration page for all information on registering your child in Montgomery County Public Schools.
New to the county? Visit our Enrollment page to enroll your child.
‣ What vaccinations are required for enrollment?
Visit our School Health webpage to view and complete School Entrance forms, Medical Care Plans, and Medication Forms.
‣ Can I view my student's grades and information online?
Parent Portal is a program by Powerschool that gives parents access to their child's student information, including grades and attendance. If you do not have an account contact you child's school and ask for information on how to create an account.
‣ How do I find out about school meals?
Visit the School Nutrition webpage for information about school menus, meal prices, and MySchoolBucks.
‣ How do I find out about weather delays and closings?
Visit the Emergency Communications webpage to sign up for notifications about weather delays and closings. All delays and closings will also be communicated through MCPS Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
Visit the School Nutrition webpage to download the Free/Reduced Lunch application and access MySchoolBucks.
Find out what the weather codes mean and learn how MCPS assesses inclement weather.