Exiting Employees

Resignation or Retirement Form Template (you may use this template if you wish to submit your intent to resign or retire from your position with MCPS)

General information on the impact of separation from MCPS employment on your benefits may be found here: Separation from Employment 

For information on filing a claim for unemployment benefits with the Virginia Employment Commission or to register as a Job Seeker please go to http://www.vec.virginia.gov/ .

To request payment of unused Sick Leave or Annual Leave please complete the following forms and submit to the Payroll & Benefits Department:

1. Request for Payment of Unused Sick Leave
2. Request for Payment of Unused Annual Leave

Please do not request payment of unused Sick Leave if you are transferring to another school division in Virginia as you may be able to transfer your Sick Leave balance to your new employer.

If you are separating from employment due to relocation please complete the Employee Information Change Form to notify us of your new address.

We would appreciate your taking the time to complete this Exit Survey. The information that you provide in this survey helps us progress as an organization and improve our relationships with our employees by targeting specific areas of concern. This is a voluntary survey.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.